In this month’s employee spotlight we are peeling back the layers and getting to know the founder and owner of Image Audiovisuals, Dave Mueller, on a personal level.
Dave has been driven to make ImageAV the best in the business and has an active and hands-on role in the day-to-day operations of the business; but he did take time out of his busy schedule to sit down and share some of his passions outside of the office. Find out directly from Dave what fuels his passion for the AV industry, what he does for fun, and how he recharges in his down time.
- As the founder of ImageAV, what prompted you to start this Company?
Dave: “I started ImageAV because I was confident that I could provide a better brand of service to clients than I had seen. I’d been in the AV industry since 1980, and I tried to incorporate my “version” of the best practices I had learned into ImageAV, and tried to leave all of the not-so-best ones behind… That and I had no idea what I was really getting myself into.”
- You own a successful company, and you’re a family man. What can you tell us about your family?
Dave: “Diana, my partner in life and here at ImageAV as CEO, and I have two amazing children – Sarah is 24 and lives in New York City, and Adam is 21 and is currently stationed in Kuwait with the US Army. I am so proud of both of their accomplishments.”
- Being a business owner means you aren’t usually working the standard 9-5, but rather work until the job is done – on your downtime how do you recharge and relax?
Dave: “I’m pretty much a homebody – so I’m happy doing anything that needs to be done around the house, hanging out with our dog, Duke – or catching up on a few TV shows that Diana and I watch.”
- If you could have a superpower what would it be, and why?
Dave: “I would want the ability to fly, Superman-style! (Or even Hancock-style). I wouldn’t have to wait in traffic and would love the freedom… but not the bugs…”
- Are you originally from Colorado, if not, what brought you out here?
Dave: “I’m a Colorado native!”
- You clearly must love Colorado, what do you think the best thing about living and working in Colorado is?
Dave: “I love being outdoors and I enjoy being around folks that are good people! Colorado’s a great place for both of those things!”
- Let’s do a quick ‘Lightning Round’ of your Fav’s:
- Movie: The Fifth Element
- TV Show: The Blacklist
- Meal: New York Steak at Elway’s Cherry Creek
- Sports Team: The Broncos
- Any other “fun facts” about you?
Dave: “I’m a card-carrying golf junkie – I’ve got my handicap down pretty low, but it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever tried to be good at. I can be mildly amusing at parties as I can also do a bunch of good (and not-so-good) impersonations.
That’s the inside scoop into what makes Dave Mueller tick!