Colorado, including the Denver area, had a record number of overnight visitors in 2011. According to a recent Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) study and another report for Visit Denver by Longwoods International, 57.9 million people visited Colorado and 21 million people visited the Denver area in 2011.
This is the largest number of Colorado visitors in 18 years spending $10.8 billion. Here are a few of the reports’ findings:
- There was a strong recovery in business travel – business trips to Colorado rose 4 percent and business travel to Denver rose 17 percent.
- The bulk of spending was on accommodations and transportation, due to increased hotel rates and gas prices.
- Colorado’s share of national overnight visitors rose to 2.7 percent.
- Day trips to Colorado increased by 4 percent.
- Colorado attracted the most overnight skiers in the nation (18.6 percent).
This is great news for the Denver events industry! For information on the Colorado tourism industry, or regarding hosting a convention in Denver, please contact Scott Cornelius at 303-228-8047.